Getting Started with AdminLTE Starter Kit for ASP.NET Core
To use this template, there are a few options:
- Install the Visual Studio Template and use it within Visual Studio
- Download this Repository.
I’ll cover both options here.
- Make sure you are running on the latest .NET Core SDK (SDK 3.1 and above only). Get the latest one here.
- Visual Studio 2019 ( You can check out my Installation Guide of Visual Studio 2019 Community which is completely Free to use.) Make sure that ASP.NET and web development workload is installed.
- Install the latest DOTNET & EF CLI Tools by using this command – dotnet tool install –global dotnet-ef
Using the Visual Studio Project Template
- Click Here to Download the Visual Studio Extension from the VS-Marketplace
- Install the Extension
- After installing the template, you should be able to create a new project in Visual Studio and search for AdminLTE . You should see the template appear in your list of project templates:
After choosing this template, provide a project name and finish the project creation wizard. You should be all set.
- Once Visual Studio is done creating your new Project, Navigate to appsettings.json and change the Connection String to your preferred one.
- In the Package Manage Console, Apply Migrations by typing in update-database. This updates your Database.
- Finally Run the Application.
Or Download the Source Code
Navigate to my Github Repository – https://github.com/iammukeshm/AdminLTE.StarterKit
From here, Click on the Code -> Download as ZIP. This will download the entire source code for you locally to your machine. The download size would be around 10-15 Mb.
Running the AdminLTE StarterKit for ASP.NET Core 3.1
Extract the Zip file and navigate to the Root of the Project File (Not the Solution File). In this directory, open up Power Shell and run the following commands.
Before proceeding do not forget to open up the appsettings.json and change the connection strings / email settings and so on.
dotnet ef database update
With that done, navigate to http://localhost:5000/ or https://localhost:5001/
You can find the Application running here.
By default, the application creates 2 users for you during runtime, a Superadmin and a Basic user.
Default SuperAdmin Credentials – firstname.lastname@example.org / 123Pa$$word.
Default Basic User Credentials – email@example.com / 123Pa$$word.
If you found this project helpful or learnt something new, consider supporting. Do Buy me a coffee, so that I can keep on bringing up such Projects FREE for the community!Buy me a coffee
If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave them behind in the comments section below. Do not forget to share this article within your developer community. Thanks and Happy Coding! 😀